TERMS AND CONDITIONS – BRISBANE BAY CYCLE STAY
In using this website and making bookings to stay with us, you are deemed to have read and agreed to the terms and conditions which follow. The terms and conditions for bookings form the basis of your contract with Brisbane Bay Cycle Stay, and outline our rights and responsibilities. The person making the booking undertakes the responsibility to meet the terms and conditions and is responsible for all other members of their party.
Disclaimer – exclusions and limitations
The information on this website is provided on an ‘as is’ basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, this Company:
- Excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents which is or may be provided by any affiliates or third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website; and
- Excludes all liabilities for damages arising out of or in connection with this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss or damage (e.g. personal property, luggage or other possessions); loss of business or profit (whether or not the loss of such business or profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised this Company of the possibility of such potential loss – e.g. through delay, accident or illness); damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages (e.g. when using computer/internet facilities during your homestay); unless it can be shown that the Company is in breach of its contractual and legal duty.
This Company does not however exclude death or liability caused by its negligence. The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected.
Brisbane Bay Cycle Stay is the trading name of the business registered in the State of Queensland as as JA& AL Carroll.
Bookings and payments
Bookings may be made via our web page, by email, or by phone. This booking will be held for 7 days but will only be confirmed when a deposit of one night’s accommodation is received. This deposit is non-refundable and signifies acceptance of our terms and conditions.
Payment may be made via Paypal (c) or by direct transfer to our nominated bank account, details of which will be provided to you via email, if choosing this method.
Full payment for the accommodation costs for your stay will be required 6 weeks in advance of your stay. Failure to meet this payment deadline may result in the booking being made available to an alternative client.
A cancellation must be made in writing (letter or email), and refunds are available as follows:
- 6 or more weeks notice – loss of deposit
- 4 to 6 weeks notice – 50% refund of total accommodation cost
- 2 to 4 weeks - 25% refund of total accommodation cost
- Less than 2 weeks notice – 0% refund of total accommodation cost
If we have to cancel a booking a full refund will be provided, or an alternative date for the booking sought. There will be no liability on Brisbane Bay Cycle Stay other than the repayment of monies received.
All persons booking a holiday are required to purchase insurance in order to cover the cost of cancellation by you and the cost of assistance and repatriation in the event of accident or illness. The insurance must provide cover for cycling. If you do not have such a policy, Brisbane Bay Cycle Stay will not be responsible for any matters arising as a result. You will be responsible for reimbursing us for any expenditure outlaid on your behalf. You must provide details of your policy (insurer and policy number) on or before your final payment date.
Brisbane Bay Cycle Stay cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage to your personal property, luggage or other possessions, nor for any other loss, damage, inconvenience, delay, illness, fatality or other injury suffered by you as a result of making a booking with us, unless it can be shown that the company is in breach of its contractual and legal duty.
In the event of any complaint, the client must immediately take it up with the owner. If the matter can not be resolved at that point, a written outline of the matter should be provided to the owner for further consideration.
The accommodation is a non-smoking environment. Smoking is permitted outside the building.
Guests use the swimming pool at their own risk. Safety signs should be adhered to at all times while in the pool vicinity.
Clients taking part in Brisbane Bay Cycle Stay’s cycling options do so at their own risk. If there is any uncertainty about your capability to participate in such activities, please consult your physician before taking part in an activity-based holiday.